Saturday 17 April 2010

Reservation... The tale of lost and found opportunity!


I was freakishly trying to look out for ‘Raina’…I looked her in classrooms, corner where we go for ‘sutta’; basically everywhere but ,she was nowhere to found.o boy !this is one stubborn girl whom everyone adores .She was hardworking, witty and outsmart but, what I was going to face today was, altogether a new facet of her.

Me- here u are?! O Man,I was looking for you everywhere!

Raina- Please leave me alone Abhi ,I really in no mood to talk.

Me- Dear don’t worry! I have a news that would sure make you fly on seventh heaven.

Raina-o please! Don’t do that crappy joke again, please leave me alone.

Me-listen first!!!

Raina-I told u .please leave! (Angrily)

She watched Anish walking past him.

Raina- See ..Here goes the monarch king…ripping everyone’s hard work and getting himself what is rightfully someone else.(in a loud tone)

Anish-Hi Raina! How are you? I haven’t seen u from the day JRF(junior research fellowship)result was declared. Hey, you cleared the net (national eligibility test) ,Congrats buddy!

Raina-shut up and leave! I really don’t want to talk to a loser like u.

Anish-what are u talking? What did I do to you?

Me-Don’t bother Anish, she was expecting her name on the JRF list and she didn’t get it. She is little stressed.

Anish- Raina, don’t worry buddy, you will get it next time. Cheer up!!

Raina-o yeh, buddy (angrily)!y don’t u go and console every one who worked hard and didn’t get it except u!

Anish- ?????!!!!

Raina- yeh, you ass hole!!You got that. No, not because you u are so intelligent but, because u from the quota and no one else is!!

Anish- Don’t you go there!

Raina- Oh, now u getting the heat?!Bloody because of ppl like you; deserving candidates die. If Govt. really cared so much they would have given reservation on basis of class not the caste.

Anish- you going in extreme. It’s us who feel the burnt not you. we r being treated so badly.

Raina-o puhlease! its your ancestor who did and I m sorry for them but ,bloody you are nothing like them.you have a rich doctor father and MP(member of parliament) brother. You don’t deserve it.

Anish- You are getting personal. How would you know that?! You stupid!

Raina- o please don’t dare endorse things that, doesn’t make sense like politicians. They bloody reap from general ppl like us for their motives. If Govt. really cared so much they would have given reservation on basis of class not the caste.

Anish- Ya, now it proves how sadist you are by criticising the system. Do what u want but, Baba Ambedkar didn’t add it for no cause.

Raina- ha ha…you don’t even know the difference between politician and leaders. Baba Ambedkar made the reservation temporary and to bridge the gap .Its these politician who are increasing it by trying to make it permanent. Top of it, guys like you who wants it permanent because you are now use to the pity that you get from ppl.

Anish- Dare u say anything .you bitch!!we are more competent than you all.

Raina-I know truth hurts. Now I know how doctors of AIIMS would be feeling.I can understand the politician as they are the creeps who would do anything for their interest but ,you ppl are worse.If,you think u r so competent then, why the hell you accept the seats even if qualifying scores are so less for you.

Anish- One word and I will slap u so hard that your coming generation wouldn’t be able to speak.

Raina- o yeh,you ass hole?!u know what,its catch 22 situation for you. If you will slap me you will loose and if I slap u then again u loose. you freaking bastard!

Anish- I will see to it later. You cant do anything to me bitch!

Me-Please guys !!Don’t make fuss out of it. Whole college is having fun … please I beg you both,stop it !

I stepped to hold the fierce Raina but, before I could do it…

Chattttakkk!!!

The whole corridor was stunned by the sound of slap that Raina placed on Anish’s cheek.

Now , everyone tried to hold both the party so that the matter doesn’t go bad.

Me-Raina, what r u doing ?I knew you were upset but did you really wanted to create such a fuss?I don’t know If the situation is right or not but ,I came to tell you that your waiting list in IAS(Indian Administrative services) is cleared because of the women’s reservation bill.

Raina- ????....yeyyyyyyyyyyyyy…..hey looser (to Anish) I got into IAS. Now, you can suck your JRF .

Anish- I know that , you bloody bitch and I also know that you got it because of the bill that passed in favour of women. Now, what u say about that, huh?!

Raina- I don’t care because of what bill .I got it and that’s what I care, you looser! It’s my time now.

Later that day I was smoking and thinking ….what was it and had I done it differently?!I think its nothing to do about the reservation and thinking about the suffering of people but about the missed and gained opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. and the wheel makes another turn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyday life sends us small little windows of opportunity and our life ultimately depends on how we respond to it.

    I'm not happy with the way Anish is represented in your story.. wish I was there in his place, communication would have bit more interesting.

    Keep it on!
    Saurav

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Good post, i liked it as i hav gone through same situation, i think the post is a " Slap " on the face of politicians and reservation supporters. I liked the character of raina, n one thing u hav improved a lot over ur grammar mistakes........ :) keep it up

    ReplyDelete